In response to all the positive comments on the first quiz, I have made another one since many of our readers have asked for more. Enjoy!
1. How does Victor Frankenstein’s mother die?
- She is sentenced to death
- The monster chokes her
- She is shot
- She dies of a disease
- How does the monster learn to speak?
- His creator instructs him by reading to him and daily lectures
- His creator enhances his human like capacities with the help of alchemy
- By learning from Walton
- By listening to Felix teach Safie his language
- In Paradise Lost, to which characters does the monster relate to?
- Adam and Satan
- Adam and Eve
- The son of God
- Which of the these is NOT one of the famous alchemists of which Victor studies in his youth?
- Alain De Lille
5. Which of these books is NOT of those read by the monster?
- The inferno
- Paradise lost
- The Odyssey
6. What does Walton do after Victor dies?
- He doesn’t care, he laughs and continues with his work
- He leaves Geneva and with his painful memories
- He moves to the south where he changes careers and tries to forget his past life
- He swears vengeance upon him and plots to slay the monster
7. After successfully saving the girl, what event takes place right after?
- The girl, frightened by his looks, shrieks for help and kicks the monster
- He is awarded and given a home and promised safety
- He is shot
- He is damned and hunted away
8. In chapter 6, Justine Moritz confesses the murder of William, what is her consequence
- She is banned from the town for five years, she must come back a new person
- She is legally condemned to execution
- She is condemned to life imprisonment
- She is lynched before her trial, her body hanging from a tree
9. What is the monster’s motive when he kills Victor’s brother?
- He decided to kill everyone he is associated with and then end his own life
- He was cursed into doing so with dark alchemy
- This is his reaction when Victor attempts to create something else
- He is sick of all people relate to Victor in any way
10. What happens on Victor and Elizabeth’s wedding night?
- The monster assaults Elizabeth and slaughters her
- The monster assaults Victor and slaughters him
- The monster is intimidated and does not take his revenge
- Victor knew the monster would come so devises a plan to capture and kill him
Answers: 1:a 2:d 3:a 4:c 5:a 6:b 7:c 8:b 9:d 10:a
(Questions and answers inspired from Sparknotes.com)